For Some Reason the Read More Link is Broken. If you will click the title you can read the whole article. I'm sorry for the trouble.

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Productivity Tools I Use and One That I Want

I gotta tell you that time is my most precious asset. There just doesn't seem to be enough of it to go around. My issue is that working two jobs leaves very little time to write anything. And it always seems that I just can't take the time to do it right. So, the question of the day from me to y'all is: What things do you do to increase you productivity when time is crunched? My answers are after the link ...

My number one productivity booster I is a Palm M500 PDA. This is an older model that is great for two things. The first is reading eBooks and the second is writing. When ever I get five minutes free I can write. This is real writing since you are hand writing stuff to be converted to editable text. For me that works great since I tend to be wordy when typing. I have written the entire rough drafts of various articles on this. I got mine on Ebay for $20.00 plus shipping.

Number two a pen/paper. When driving I jot down ideas, outlines, sketches, and simple keywords for future analysis. That way on the nights off I have a jump start. This has worked so well that I recommend it for everyone. Don't try to be organized, just let the stuff flow. It won't be neat and pretty, but you will have some great core ideas going. So, this will give you a leg up when your precious free time is't there.

And, on my list of things to get is Dragon NaturallySpeaking 10 Preferred Mobile. You can get speech to text converters for little to no money. But Dragon Naturally Speaking is the standard that all others try to emulate. I am looking hard at the mobile edition because it includes a voice recorder that will transcribe your dictation when you hook it up. I can see myself driving along and dictating something into the recorder. Then, back at the house, not having to put on the headphones and mic to transcribe it. Yep, this is for sure on my list of things to get.

As always, Thanks for Reading.
-Phil



allvoices

0 comments: