For Some Reason the Read More Link is Broken. If you will click the title you can read the whole article. I'm sorry for the trouble.

Monday, August 3, 2009

Book Review: Starting an Online Business All-In-One for Dummies

I learned a long time ago that a key learning tool for me was to read books. I was kicking around Barnes and Noble one day when one of those bright yellow dummies books caught my eye. It bills itself as "11 books in 1" and the name of it is Starting an Online Business All-In-One for Dummies. I figured that since I was freelance writing that I qualified as an online business. So, to make a long story short, I bought the book for $32.00.

The very first thing I noticed was that this is not light reading. We are talking about over 800 pages. And it is exhaustive.

  • Should You Incorporate? See Book II, Chapter 2, page 87.

  • How about website design? Internet Security? See Books III and IV Respectively.

Click the Link to See the rest of the review.

Starting an Online Business All-In-One for Dummies is so comprehensive that I can honestly say I am not ready to start a business yet. For starters my income from blogging and other freelance writing isn't stable enough yet. Incorporating costs money and I am not ready for that expense.

But, Book IV Chapter 3 goes right into what writers need to know. It tells you how to create information products such as eBooks and Webinars. Handy information for a Freelance Rookie. Come to think of it, I'd say that is good information for anyone writing online.


The bottom line is that Starting an Online Business All-In-One for Dummies is an excellent reference book. And in my case it almost paid for itself since it came with $25.00 worth of Adwords Advertising.

Strongly Recommended. And, it's cheaper than what I paid.


allvoices

0 comments: