For Some Reason the Read More Link is Broken. If you will click the title you can read the whole article. I'm sorry for the trouble.

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Review of e-Speaking: First Impressions

Well Folks, it's been a long time since I did a blog entry. To be honest, I have been busier than one legged man in a butt kicking contest. Well today instead of talking about the every little writing website that I've found I want to talk about a product that has changed my writing forever.

It's called e-Speaking. It is a bare bones voice recognition software program that cost a grand total of $14.00 if I remember correctly.

And let me tell you what this stuff is amazing . I truly never realized just how fast you can get your thoughts out in your head and onto the "paper". From then on your time is spent editing. This is simply awesome and I just can't believe and I'm still this amazed.

There is a small learning curve. Unlike the more expensive voice recognition software programs that cost hundreds of dollars, you have to train your voice using the Microsoft SAPI. And of course there was spent some time simply practicing. The thing I've found toughest to get used to was speaking out loud and enunciating the punctuation marks. That takes some serious adjusting. And I'm not going to tell you that the final product when you're done talking is perfect. There will be editing involved. I figure I am up to about 90% dictation accuracy. And, you will realise that when dictating there is a tendency to ramble. Both are issues I am willing to deal with, and the price was right.

Voice recognition software is the wave of the future. We all grew up watching Star Trek, and the speaking computer is here now. I have to say that I really wish I'd done this a long time ago.

When you go shopping for voice recognition software the first thing you want to consider is how often you'll use it. The second thing is how patient you are. If you are a low to medium user, and you have the patience to practice e-Speaking is the voice recognition software program for you.

If you are going to be using your voice recognition software a lot, or have no patience, then I'd recommend looking at a product like Dragon Naturally Speaking. Just be prepared for sticker shock.

Technorati Tags:
, ,


allvoices

0 comments: